Thursday 11 August 2016

Seeing the funny side!

Yesterday was a day of frustration, but rather than dwell on that, I wanted to share with you what, in hindsight, was probably one of the funniest moments of the entire project!

At one point, I'd uncovered a serious and unforgivable error in one of the expensive worktops supplied for the kitchen and felt fobbed off by the company responsible.  Having stepped outside to make the phonecall, I then spotted just how very many bags of rubbish had been left for recycling, by others, not by us, but on our paving slabs, off the pavement and at the top of the stairs to our back door, literally blocking our stairway.  In no way was this possibly anything other than our private property.

I've sat literally open-mouthed and lost for words when I've seen neighbours shamelessly drop their bags of rubbish there before, but today with everything else going on I just absolutely saw red!  Cue me shouting in the street at the bags "Who does this?", "How does anyone think this is this ok?", "Look at this!" and then I started kicking them!  Bags packed full of cat food tins and beer bottles!  And you know what, it felt pretty good!  Then I had to walk away before I started crying!  Like I say, funny in hindsight!

Of course, it's not going to cement my reputation as a calm, collected addition to the neighbourhood, but, hey, maybe this is my explosive Italian side coming out!  Just another day as Renovation Ragazza!

No comments:

Post a Comment